elysium exposed

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Upside down you're hanging me.

This picture is dedicated to squeeky and her recent run-in with the little creatures. The first house I had lived in after moving to canada, we had squirrels in the attics that would scare me until I realized it was just their home. One day I got enough courage to crawl up the stairs on the side of my closet, and peak into the attic. It was rather creepy, but very serene. It almost felt like an untouched and forgotten part of the 95 year old house. I don't miss the wierd noises at night though, it can get rather irritant when you're young and trying to sleep, alone, in a new country, in a house with long corridors and parents are quite a walk away. Add the fact that my room was the only room with an access to the attic via my closet, it creeped me out plenty of times that something up there was coming down. In someways, me peeking into that world actually made me feel safer, atleast knowing what was there ( as creepy as it may be ) allowed me to realized it was no longer just an unknown imaginary spot above me.

About the picture itself -- This squirrel was noticed rather alert as I approached it, it stopped in that position and I took about 8 shots at various distances, and edged close to it. It held still. Must have put a lot of strain on it's muscles.

I'm still looking for a perfect bouncing ball shot. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :D

    HAHA ... I can't believe this, you're too funny hahaha

    Oh dear, your squirrel looks just like the one that tried to come into my house today *cries* I left the door open for a few seconds and the next thing I see is a squirrel trying to walk in ... I'm still jittery ...

    Anyways, beautiful pic as always!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Anjum said…

    hey, you have a blog too! came here through yasmine's blog but recognize you from flickr. do you blog the same pictures that you post on flickr? either way, they're great shots masha'Allah.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :D

    Ramadan Mubarak!!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger elysium said…

    Anjum,

    hey to you too. I didn't know you had a blog as well. cool! :)

    and yes, I post same pictures, I've been meaning to write more on the blog here, but it's rare that I feel like opening up like a book to the world :)
    Ramadan mubarak to you!

    Squeeky,
    salaam! and ramadan mubarak to you as well :)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Asmaa said…

    Assalaamu alaikum, Ramadan Mubarak :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home